Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Jewson Limited (or any other company within the Saint-Gobain group), their agents or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. To enter the prize draw, simply complete the requested details at www.jewsoncompetition.co.uk. The Promoter accepts no liability if incomplete details are provided and an entry does not get submitted into the prize draw.
4. The prize draw will run from 27th June 2016 at 11.59pm and entries must be received by 11.59pm on 31st August 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid. The Promoter accepts no liability for any entries received after the Closing Date.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault or which are not completed for any reason.
6. The prize draw will take place on 9th September 2016. A winner & 5 runners-up will be selected at random from all proper entries received by the Closing Date by an independent adjudicator whose decision shall be final.
The winner will receive five hundred pounds (£500) worth of Thomas Cook vouchers (the “Main Prize”). The runners-up will each receive a Makita 9" Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch Model GA9020 (each a “Runner-up Prize” and together the “Runners-up Prizes”).
7. The Main Prize and the Runners-up Prizes shall together be referred to as the Prizes.
8. The winner and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 16th September 2016. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to the Promoter within fourteen (14) days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner/runner-up's Prize (as appropriate) will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner/runner-up (as appropriate) in accordance with the process described above.
9. A suitable time, date and delivery method for each Prize will be agreed with the winner and/or runner-up (as appropriate). The Prize(s) will be delivered within 6 weeks of the Closing Date so long as the winner/runner-up has confirmed suitable delivery details with the Promoter.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any of the Prize(s) with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver a Prize as a result of industrial action or other circumstances beyond their control.
12. The Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of this prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize(s) to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend this prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or any of the runners-up or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. A participant’s statutory rights are not affected.
14. It is a condition of entry that the winners and runners-up co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required, which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
15. The name and county of the winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to [Marketing Department, Merchant House, Binley, Coventry, CV3 2TT] OR an email to email@example.com within fourteen (14) of days after the date of the Closing Date of the prize draw.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this prize draw without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or select an alternative winner/runner-up in the event the Promoter believes that any entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
18. Only one entry per person, multiple entries will deem all entries by that person invalid. All entries through third parties or agents are invalid.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Accepting a Prize may give rise to a tax liability which will be the winner/runner-up’s responsibility.
21. An entrant’s personal data will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of administering this prize draw. By entering this prize draw, an entrant is agreeing that from time to time the Promoter (including its group companies and its and their various trading styles (an “Associate”)) or a third party may send the entrant information by email or SMS about news, offers, goods and/or services that the Promoter and/or an Associate feel may be of interest to the entrant. If an entrant does not want the Promoter to use his/her personal data to contact them by these means and for these purposes, they should not submit the entry form and enter this prize draw or they should tick the correct opt-out box at the point of submitting their entry to the prize draw.
22. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Promoter: Jewson Limited, Registered office: Saint-Gobain House, Binley Business Park, Coventry CV3 2TT (Company Number: 348407).